Home Energy Assessments
Proudly Serving the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands, Sunshine Coast, Vernon and the North Okanagan
EnerGuide Home Evaluations
At Greener Homes, we are passionate about creating a cleaner and sustainable future for all. As one of BC’s leading providers of home energy evaluations, we are dedicated to helping homeowners transform their houses into energy-efficient and environmentally responsible havens.
We aim to empower homeowners with the knowledge and tools they need to make their homes greener and more sustainable. We believe that every small step towards eco-conscious living can have a significant impact on the environment and future generations.
Give us a call if you’d like to learn more about the rebate program being offered. Our knowledgeable customer service representatives are well-versed in federal and provincial programs and will be happy to guide you through the process.
Here's how the Federal Program Works...
- Have us perform a pre-retrofit evaluation before you begin eligible upgrades.
- Complete the upgrades you choose.
- Have us perform the post-retrofit evaluation to confirm the upgrades.
- $600 of the evaluation costs are refunded, included in the $5,600 maximum.
- Upload your receipts to the Greener Homes Portal.
- Grant cheques are mailed 90-120 days after the homeowner uploads their records to the Greener Homes Portal.
Your Home Qualifies If...
- Own a detached, semi-detached, row house, or mobile home.
- The home must be your primary residence.
- Have an energy assessment both before and after your renovations.
- Complete at least one eligible energy up-grade renovation.
- Provide copies of all receipts for energy upgrades.
- Have a pre-retrofit evaluation after Dec. 01, 2020.
When registering for the Canada Greener Homes program, please select GETS Energy from the list of available Service Organizations. Once the process is complete, you’ll receive an email with your Application Number if your registration was successful.
We offer a range of Services relating to Home Energy Modeling & Performance
Existing Home - Home Energy Assessment
This is what you’ll need to have done in order to be eligible for the Canada Greener Homes Grant and it involves two on-site visits, a pre- and post-retrofit assessment before and after your retrofits are installed.
This service involves us coming to your house and assessing how efficient it is at keeping the heat in as well as how much energy it requires to maintain a comfortable living environment for the occupants. It involves 2 site visits where we’ll collect data and produce an Energy Model of your home to tell us how well it performs on that day as well as how well it could perform if various improvements were made.
We pass this information off to Natural Resources Canada on your behalf and provide you with a Home Owner Information Sheet, a Renovation Upgrade Report, and an EnerGuide Label.
Hot2000 Energy Modeling
Using approved Energy Modeling software and the data collected during the on-site assessment, we create an Energy Model of your home taking into account your homes orientation, number/size/type of windows, doors, roof type, level of insulation, geographical location, and many other factors to determine among other things, the home’s energy usage and it’s the ability to resist heat loss.
Air Tightness Testing
Whether you’re a homeowner or a builder working on a new project, an air-tightness test will quantify the air leakage through the building envelope and show you where the leakage is occurring.