Canada Greener Homes Grant Program
Save money while making your home more energy efficient.
Canada Greener Homes Grant
Buildings, including our homes, account for 18% of Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions. The Canada Greener Homes Grant will help homeowners make their homes more energy-efficient, create new jobs across Canada for energy advisors and retrofit installers, grow our domestic green supply chains, and fight climate change.
What’s available through this initiative?
Up to 700,000 grants of up to $5,000 to help homeowners make energy-efficient retrofits to their homes, such as better insulation.
The Canada Greener Homes Grant provides funds for home evaluations and for retrofits, to a total of $5,600. Homeowners are eligible for up to $600 total for the cost of pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluations and for up to $5,000 total for the implementation of eligible retrofits such as home insulation, windows doors, and air sealing. It is important that you read all eligibility criteria and grant requirements to be sure that you will qualify for reimbursement at the end of the process.
Please Note: Greener Homes Inc. is not affiliated with the Canada Greener Homes Program in any way. We are a company of experienced energy advisors licenced by Natural Resources Canada to perform energy assessments in accordance to the Canada Greener Homes Program. As we are not our own service organization, please select GETS Energy when asked to select a service organization during the registration process.
Click the link below to visit the Canada Greener Homes Rebate Program’s webpage to learn more.
Canada Greener Homes Loan
The Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation has partnered with Natural Resources Canada to deliver the Canada Greener Homes Loan Program. It’s an initiative to provide $4.4 billion in interest-free loans, of up to $40,000 per household, helping up to 175,000 homeowners complete extensive home retrofits on their principal residence. This program also works in addition to the Canada Greener Homes Grant Program.
A maximum of one loan is available per eligible property and homeowner.
The loan can only help you finance eligible products and installations that are part of a retrofit that is both recommended by an energy advisor and eligible for the grant.
To begin work in your home, a portion of the loan can be delivered to you upfront. Contractors often require a down payment for these types of projects. The balance of the loan will be delivered upon successful completion of the retrofits, and verification through a post-retrofit evaluation.
Click the link below to visit the Canada Greener Homes Loan Program’s webpage to learn more.
Understanding your EnerGuide Label
Technical assistance for the Canada Greener Homes Grant
If you’re having any problems with any part of the program, the links below may be helpful. Please note that most will take you directly to the Canada Greener Homes website.
I need help applying for the program
- How do I apply?
- What is the difference between having an account in the online portal and having an application live
in the Greener Homes system?
- How do I know if I have an application? What is an application number?
- Do you have helpful hints (i.e., user names and passwords, when applying, browsers)?
- What are the GC Key and sign-in partner? Why do I have to use one of these when I apply?
I’m having trouble logging into the portal
- What do I do if I forgot my Sign-In Partner username or password?
- What do I do if I forgot my GCKey password?
- What do I do if I forgot my GCKey username? How do I create a new GCKey?
- What do I do if I have a new bankcard from my Sign-In Partner?
- What do I do if I get this message: Single Sign-On Error We can’t log you in because of an issue with single sign-on. Contact your Salesforce admin for help?
- What do I do if I get this message: Always use the same log-in option and credentials to access the Greener Homes Program. If you use different credentials, you will be treated as a different user?
- What do I do if I get this message: Please provide a unique identifier?
- What do I do if I get this message: Your GCKey has been revoked?
I want to edit my profile or application
- How do I make changes to my personal and account information?
- How do I change my Service Organization?
- I have multiple applications. How do I delete the extra applications?
- I want to cancel my application. What do I do?
- What do I do if I do not see a link to select or selecting the link does not work?
- How do I upload documents?
- I accidentally clicked “Already Evaluated” and I have not had my pre-retrofit evaluation by my energy advisor yet. How do I make the change?
- I have had my pre-retrofit evaluation by my energy advisor and want to ensure it is updated. How do I change that?
- How do I modify my tax roll number?
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Try the toll-free phone number below to speak with an NRCan representative directly,
TTY: 1 800-465-7735
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (Eastern time)
Or send an email by clicking here.