Greener Homes Inc
Collection of Personal Information
We collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, and phone number;
- Information about your property, such as its address, style of construction, size, and age;
- Information about your home’s energy use and efficiency;
- Information about the home improvement projects you are interested in completing;
- Any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with information about the Canada Greener Homes Program, the programs offered through CleanBC Better Homes, and other energy efficiency programs;
- Connect you with qualified contractors;
- Process your applications for rebates and grants;
- Conduct research and analysis to improve our programs and services;
- Communicate with you about our programs and services;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Qualified contractors who are participating in the Canada Greener Homes Program or the programs offered through CleanBC Better Homes;
- Government agencies that are responsible for administering the Canada Greener Homes Program or the programs offered through CleanBC Better Homes;
- Service providers who help us to deliver our programs and services;
- Other third parties, with your consent.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes listed above or as required by law.
Security of Personal Information
We take steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These steps include:
- Using secure servers to store your personal information;
- Encrypting your personal information when it is transmitted over the internet;
- Implementing access controls to limit who can access your personal information;
- Training our staff on the importance of protecting your personal information.
You have the right to request access to your personal information, to have it corrected or deleted, and to opt out of receiving communications from us. To exercise these rights, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected]
Last updated: October 27, 2023
Our Legal Notice
This Legal Notice applies to all users of the website greenerhomesbc.ca and its related services. By using this website, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Legal Notice.
Copyright and Trademarks
All content on this website, including text, images, and logos, is protected by copyright and trademarks. You may not copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, or modify any content on this website without the express written permission of Greener Homes Inc.
Use of Website
You may use this website for personal and non-commercial purposes only. You may not use this website for any illegal or unauthorized purposes. You may not use this website to violate the intellectual property rights of Greener Homes Inc. or any third party.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Greener Homes Inc. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this website and its related services. Greener Homes Inc. does not warrant that the website or its related services will be uninterrupted or error-free. Greener Homes Inc. does not warrant that the website or its related services will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of Liability
Greener Homes Inc. shall not be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, arising out of or in connection with your use of this website or its related services. This includes, but is not limited to, damages for loss of profits, loss of data, or business interruption.
Greener Homes Inc. does not guarantee that customers will receive a rebate for upgrades they perform to their homes, nor does it guarantee the amount they will receive. Rebates are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable rebate program, which may change without notice.
This Legal Notice is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.
Any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Legal Notice shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the British Columbia Arbitration Centre. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding on the parties.
If any provision of this Legal Notice is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck from this Legal Notice and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
This Legal Notice constitutes the entire agreement between Greener Homes Inc. and you with respect to your use of this website and its related services.
Last updated: October 27, 2023