How To apply
Registering for the Canada Greener Homes Program
During the process, you will need to complete two EnerGuide evaluations; a pre and post-retrofit evaluation. These evaluations are completed by NRCan registered energy advisors. You will not receive the grant for the pre-retrofit evaluation unless you continue through the full Greener Homes Grant process.
The pre-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation provides you with expert advice on what retrofits make the most sense for your home. It will help you understand how to improve the energy performance of your home.
When the pre-retrofit evaluation is complete, the energy advisor will provide you with:
- EnerGuide home rating and label
- Renovation Upgrade Report and Homeowner Information Sheet with recommendations for improving your home’s energy performance
The post-retrofit evaluation, which you will receive after the work is complete, provides a measure of energy saved and greenhouse gas emissions reduced as a result of the retrofits.
Applying for the Federal Greener Homes Rebate Program only takes a few minutes and you’ll know you have successfully created your application when you receive your application number by email. (e.g., AP123456)
Before you begin, please make sure you have the following information ready:
- Phone number
- Type of house
- Address of your primary residence
- Proof of ownership with your property tax bill number (this number can be found on your municipal property documents)
- Proof of residence through either a driver’s license or government-issued ID (with address)